The 25K Fitness Challenge is a new running program aimed at getting youth runners exposed to fun, organized distance running and to introduce them to training for fitness and friendship that will hopefully develop the habits to keep them running for life! The program is non-competitive, but competitive runners will also find the program to be attractive.
Youth runners of all abilities age 14 and under are eligible to join the program.
Run for fun, for fitness, for friendship… and start running for LIFE!
To complete the program each season, participants must earn credit for FIVE 5K races (or equivalent training points), with this including at least one AATC 5K event. We will use a point system to keep track, with races earning points at the DOUBLE the rate of training runs.
FIVE POINTS may be earned by doing any of the following:
• Run any AATC 5K race with a deeply discounted $12 entry fee: Fitness Challenge entries get you into any AATC event (and some other participating races) – but you will have to register through our special online registration at least 5 days before the race – and this $12 will sometimes get you a race shirt!
• Run any other 5K race: Get FIVE POINTS for any organized 5K race – ONE POINT per KILOMETER (but we can’t discount those for you)
• Run TWO training runs of 5K (for 5 POINTS): That is, training runs earn 1/2 POINT for every KILOMETER training (honor system)
To keep track of participant progress, parents or participants may use a simple online form to document each their runs. We will also stay connected to parents through email and Facebook (if you wish) to let you know about races and when to register.
• One free race entry to an AATC race for next season (2012)
• A technical fabric T-Shirt (the 2010 shirt is shown here)
• One free AATC track workout session (dates TBD)
• Invitation to the AATC mini-meet - finishers will be recognized at the meet and invited to participate in a 200m chase race exhibition during the meet
• Invitation to a special finishers’ party (location TBD)
• Finisher medal and certificate
• Other discounts, gifts, and recognition that we can find sponsors to support or provide
GET STARTED! Just $5 to join!
- Sign up for the 2011 25K Fitness Challenge using the online signup form (only $5!) – or during Burns Park Run online registration (be sure to provide a legitimate contact email, please)
- Watch for your email confirmation that you are in the program, along with instructions for tracking progress – save that information!
- Check out the 25K Fitness Challenge Calendar to identify participating races and register for one or more at a time using the Fitness Challenge Race Registration Form at least 5 days before each race to get your $12 entry for that race
- After running any Fitness Challenge 5K race or any other 5K race (or after completing a 5K training run), log your runs using the form below and keep track of your points!
- Watch for our emails so we can stay in touch throughout the 2011 25K Fitness Challenge program
Questions? Want to sponsor the program? Contact the program director (Joel Dalton) at email@example.com.
Submit once for each run! When you are done submitting, check the points tracking page to see your entries. If you make a duplicate entry, don’t worry about it. If you have any questions or want us to fix an entry, email us. Thanks!